At Duluth Cider we work as a team to create and share a product that is undeniably Superior to the Core, and as a quickly growing company each member of that team plays a vital role. We are a small but rapidly growing company of dedicated, close-knit, creative and hard-working people.
We work hard, play hard, and take lots of pride in our growing footprint in the cider world.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duluth Cider is looking to grow our production crew with an enthusiastic Packaging Assistant. This position is an active member of our production team, and requires an energetic, self-motivated, and reliable individual who is excited to work in a rapidly growing craft cidery. We are looking for a qualified individual with some experience who has interest in growing along with the cidery.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lifting, moving, and palletizing kegs, bottles & cans
- Cleaning and organization of production floor
- Washing kegs using keg washer
- Packaging of product into kegs, bottles, and cans
- Quality control of all packaged product
- Startup and shutdown of equipment and packaging utilities
- Providing routine maintenance of all equipment
- Cleaning and sanitization of all equipment
- Inventory management through physical and software application
- Maintaining daily documentation
- Assisting in fermentation and blending of product
- Transferring fermented product between tanks and brite tanks
- Assisting the cider makers in all aspects of cider production
- Ensuring a safe and effective working environment
- Monitoring and feeding new fermentations
- Quality control of Clean in Place (CIP) and Clean out of Place (COP) practices
- 1+ year in the Winery/Brewery industry preferred but not required
- Experience operating beverage packaging machines a plus
- Must be at least 21 years of age (Required)
- Must have flexibility in scheduling to work shifts that start as early as 6am and/or as late as 8pm with some weekend work occasionally required
- Strong planning, cleaning, and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic and self-starting attitude
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and self-motivated towards achieving results
- High School diploma or GED (Required)
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand and arm movements
- Must be able to bend, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull, and walk on uneven surfaces.
- Must be able to work in hot, cold, and wet environments
- Must be able to climb stairs, use a ladder, work at heights above 10 ft.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs, and team lift up to 180 lbs.
Working Environment: We are a very small cider house using the space we have to maximum efficiency. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud most of the time. Temperatures vary seasonally in work areas.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Commensurate upon experience
- Room for advancement
- This is an hourly position starting at $16/hr with room to grow
- Free cider
- Employee discounts on Duluth Cider merch and gear
Job Type: Part-time
Pay starting at $16.00 per hour
To apply please email your resume to:
Subject Line: Packaging Assistant